Tcl Internet Resources
There are a variety of Internet resources available for exploring Tcl/Tk further:
- Tcl Developers Xchange
- The “front page” for Tcl/Tk. This site features announcements of new Tcl/Tk releases, conference information, documentation, and Tcl/Tk advocacy information.
- Tclers Wiki
- A collaboratively-edited collection of Tcl wisdom, tips, and code samples. Although the loose structure can make it a bit difficult at times to locate information, it is nonetheless a treasure trove of Tcl information.
- The Usenet newsgroup for the Tcl language. Very active, often with over 100 posts a day. Many experienced Tcl programmers are regular contributors, readily answering questions and solving problems. If you dont have a Usenet newsreader configured on your system, you can access the groups through a web portal such as Google Groups.
- The Tcl URL
- A weekly newsletter that summarizes the weeks key discussions on comp.lang.tcl. The new edition of the newsletter is released each Monday.
- Mark Roseman’s site containing a wealth of practical information on building graphical user interfaces with Tk. In addition to the Tcl language bindings for Tk, Mark shows how to use Tk with Perl and Python as well.
- ActiveState Programmer Network (ASPN) Tcl Resources
- ActiveStates ASPN provides information on technologies supported by ActiveState, including Tcl. From this site, you can also freely download ActiveTcl, ActiveStates binary build of Tcl and several popular Tcl extensions.
- Tcl SourceForge Project
- The source code repository for Tcl/Tk and many extensions.
Copyright © 2009 Ken Jones